Saturday, April 30, 2011

My bags are packed I'm ready to go...

Clothes? Check. Food? Check. The resilience to complete the training for one of the most challenging, dangerous, and rewarding careers in the world? Check, I hope...

These next few days will be the last in the current chapter of my life. Starting Monday I will be attending Northwest Lineman College in Meridian, ID. For six years I have worked for an residential electrical contractor (the narrowest of all backs), and though I am deeply grateful for the experience and saddened by leaving, I look to the future with hope and resolve.

Part of the reason I'm doing this blog is because, as I was looking into line-work as a career I would have loved to have come across a blog following someone's experience going through school, looking for a job, ect... There may already be one, I simply didn't come across any. The other reason is so that anyone who is interested in what's happening with me, career or school wise can follow along.

I plan on updating this blog often, and will be taking my camera to school. So check back every week for another exciting adventure, or at least some cool pictures of guys on poles.

3 comments:

  1. Hey. I'm your first follower! Although we don't see each other often, I do regret that there won't be much of a chance of running into you now. oh, well good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be back in town on the weekends, so maybe we can make plans some weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love you son and I am so proud of you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete