Sunday, June 19, 2011

So much good stuff...


Yesterday I volunteered at the Andrew York Lineman Rodeo. I had a whole lot of fun, and had a chance to observe some of the best linemen in the northwest! I left SUPER early from my house, so about an hour and a half into my drive I snapped some pictures of the early morning sunrise, over transmission lines, and a small substation. Check 'em out!



When I got there, they had guys up a pole, with the flag then being passed up and installed. We recited the pledge, sang the national anthem, and said a prayer. A solid beginning to a sweet day!



Then the fun began! My job was "check-in, check-out" for the 230kV Corona ring changeout (De-energized).This is what it looked like...




Here are some pictures a few of the other events!


Hurt man rescue


So that's the lineman rodeo. I have just a few pictures from school this week...

Changing out a transmission insulator...
Don't forget your hard hat!
And one final picture - I took it coming home from school this week somewhere in Oregon...

Generation!

No comments:

Post a Comment